10 tips to Stay well this WINTER – and boost your Immune System Naturally
There are several key things you can do to stay well this winter
- gut health for your immune system
- dietary food choices
- lifestyle changes.
The Importance of Gut Health
Believe it or not, 70% of your Immune System resides in the gut as lymphoid tissue.
The large intestine hosts a community of around 100 trillion microbes. The main function of our microflora is to help us digest food (by fermenting carbohydrates), extracting the nutrients for our body to use.
These beneficial microorganisms help our Immune System work efficiently as they protect us against pathogens.
Any imbalance in your gastrointestinal system or with your gut microflora could lead to Immune System issues, including inflammation and autoimmune conditions.
You may also become more susceptible to viruses and bacteria.
Below is 10 TIPS you can easily implement in your daily life to improve your IMMUNE SYSTEM starting TODAY !!!!!
You don’t have to implement everything at once either
Eg you can focus on foods first, then hydration, then exercise
Just focus on one new action a week or day – go at YOUR PACE
REMEMBER – any POSITIVE CHANGE is a POSITIVE!!!!!!
10 tips to boost your Immune System naturally
- Reduce coffee consumption – as it’s very acidic and inflammatory. It also aggravates the gut and reduces nutrient absorption which may compromise your Immune System. Instead drink a delicious coffee alternative eg Dandelion root tea, green tea, hot cacao drink etc
- Reduce alcohol consumption as alcohol sia toxin to your body and can have a negative effect on your Immune System and make you prone to infection.
- Avoid soft drinks and junk food including chocolate, takeaways and convenience foods as they are high in sugar and processed fats, which can weaken your Immune System and contributing to toxicity.
- Eat HEALTHY – ie eat more vegetables and fruit, good quality proteins (legumes, beans, eggs) and healthy fats (avocados, nuts, seeds).
- Reduce sugar intake including artificial sweeteners and refined carbohydrates such as bread, pasta and pastries. Sugar negatively affects the Immune System and prevents your from working efficiently.
- Limit dairy products (milk, cheese, yoghurt) as dairy is very mucus-forming and can aggravate the gut and clog up the lymphatic system.
- Reduce your toxic load by using natural cleaning products, cosmetics and beauty products. The average home contains over 62 harmful environmental toxins which we absorb through the air we breathe and the products we put on our skin.
- Help support your bodies Natural ability to DETOX
- Support your liver and kidneys by drinking lemon juice every morning in warm water or organic, unpasteurised (raw), apple cider vinegar.
- Take liver and kidney cleansing herbs and nutrients.
- Have an Epsom salt bath which helps draw out toxins from the body.
- Practise dry skin brushing to eliminate toxins, improve circulation and stimulate the lymphatic system.
- Use a sauna to gently sweat out harmful toxins through the skin.
- EXERCISE AND MOVE EVERY DAY
Our bodies are designed for movement – movement promotes circulation and stimulates your Immune System.
- Stay hydrated by drinking filtered water and herbal teas.
Ensure your drinking a minimum of 2 litres of unfiltered water per day.
In SUMMARY – your Healthy Life starts with one decision at a time
Everytime you choose a food or beverage – ask yourself this simple question
Will this choice – help strengthen my body or weaken my body?
Based on the information provided above you normally can easily answer that question.
So you have the power to bring back a state of balance and wellbeing to your body
Every time you eat and drink.